During a phishing attack criminals will use any methods to imitate a service mor person that you trust in order to get hold of your confidential information such as your log in and password details.
Follow the guidance below to avoid phishing attacks:
- Bizonex will never ask for your username and password. Never disclose this data to anyone.
- Administration and technical support at Bizone will never ask you to enter any changes to your settings.
- Bizonex will never ask for access to your devices, for example using software to access to your computer.
- It is necessary to complete a support ticket to receive a reply from support. To do this click ‘Submit a request’ in the lower half of the site and fill in the form.
- If you received an email from Bizone support from any other email than email@example.com, delete it and don’t click on any attachments.
- If someone sends you a message via a social network and presents himself as aizonexemployee - they arescamers. A Bizonex employee may only request the support ticket you created.
If you received an email from Bizonex and have doubts about its authenticity, you can verify this by creating a support ticket or by using the official telegram chat to check